WHAT DO INDEPENDENCE DAY AND WALK-IN TUBS HAVE IN COMMON?

By Kerry Knight

Freedom. Exactly what does it mean? Is it your 
US Navy 080704-F-7045D-002 Sailors from Combin...
US Navy 080704-F-7045D-002 Sailors from Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan hold a vintage American flag with 48 stars, which was flown over Camp Eggers in Kabul, Afghanistan, to commemorate Fourth of July celebrat (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
ability to vote for the candidate of your choice? Or, maybe it’s your ability to choose your profession, or where you live? When I ask people this question, I always get a lot of answers. However, for me the simple definition is: My ability to choose what I want to do without others telling me what to do ... or worse, making me do things I don’t want to.

We’re coming up on another big holiday.  This weekend will honor our national independence from a government that controlled our colonies with heavy taxation and an iron rule.  I guess, in a way, things haven’t changed much, but let me stay away from politics for a moment.

English: Downtown Miami on July 4, 2007
English: Downtown Miami on July 4, 2007 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
There is a tremendous satisfaction that comes with freedom.  How can you measure it?  The freedom to get into your car and drive from one end of the country to the other, visiting all the great landmarks that reminds us of how special, (yes special) our country really is.  This weekend will be a great time to be with family, respect the American flag, and honor our freedom.  Many have fought and died so that we can enjoy this independence from tyranny. 

Now, for a slight change of subject.  Today I turned 65.  I am officially a senior.  Don’t like the idea, but here it is.  I will embrace it and live with it.  Fortunately, I am healthy.  I can still do the things I’ve always done … just a little slower.  I do know, however, that health and mobility will begin to wane over time.  Can’t stop that.  I guess my greatest concern is losing my ability to take care of myself.  I don’t want to be dependent on anyone … especially my family.  No one wants to be a burden.  I do wonder how things will be 20 years from now (I can only hope I live that long.)  Surely new innovations will make life a little easier for seniors by then.

Tub King Awards

One innovation that's already here is that wonderful creation of the Walk-In Tub.  In the past, seniors would take a great risk in trying to get into and out of a bathtub.  It presents a hazard for anyone.  Just this past weekend, my five-year-old granddaughter fell on the slippery floor of the bathtub and bruised herself.  It happens to everyone, and seniors especially.

Safety Features of a Walk-In Tub

The Walk-In Tub was designed to take away the fear of falling.  It's made for comfort, safety, and independent bathing.  The door allows one to walk into the tub while stepping over a low threshold.  There is a seat and a grab bar.  The faucet handles, drain control, and hand-held shower sprayer are within easy reach.  You can stand in the tub with plenty of sturdy things around you to hold on to.  It’s perfect for seniors.  

Benefits of Walk- In Tubs for Seniors

The soaker model is designed to allow a person to sit in comfort while enjoying the relaxing and soothing effects of the warm water.  The hydrotherapy jet (air jets) models provide approximately 12 ports to create thousands of therapeutic bubbles in the water, creating a massaging action. There's also a heater available to keep the water warm. In combination with the warm water, these Walk-In Tubs definitely help seniors deal with the pain that comes with aging. 
  
For many seniors, the ability to take care of themselves is an important freedom they cherish. No one wants to be a burden on their family. I can’t think of a single instant where a senior told me that they want others to bathe them and watch every move they make when bathing.

Customer Testimonial for Tub King's Walk-In Tub

Dignity is a precious commodity. It’s right up there with freedom. A Walk-In Tub not only provides therapeutic benefits, it provides freedom and dignity as well.

Things will continue to improve in the senior market, but for now, the Walk-In Tub is one of the best things going. It allows you to be truly INDEPENDENT and keep your dignity. 

In this article, I discussed how the Fourth of July reminds us of freedom, and how a Walk-In Tub can provide real freedom for seniors. I further discussed how a Walk-In Tub makes it easy to take care of oneself. Yes, I also discussed the features and benefits a Walk-In Tub provides, but what's most important is how a Walk-In Tub can provide the freedom to take care of oneself and the dignity that comes along with doing that.

View this short Walk-in Buyers' Guide video 

If you found this article useful, please share it with your friends and co-workers. If you have a comment related to this article, leave it in the comment section of this blog.  If you’d like to receive a FREE Walk-In Tub Buyers’ Guide, click here.  Have a question? Feel free to contact me at the number or email listed at the end of this article and I’ll personally get back to you. It’s been my pleasure sharing this information with you. Thanks again for visiting with us.

Until next time. 


Alan and Kerry Knight are the owners of Tub King, Inc., and  SeniorBathtub.com  in  Jacksonville, Florida. Together they have many years of experience in the antique and senior bathtub industries. Their companies not only provide superior products, they are also award winners, receiving the “Best of Jacksonville Chamber Award” three years running. If you’d like to contact them, call (800) 409-3375 or (800) 843-4231; or send an email to alan@tubking.com.

Related articles

No comments:

Post a Comment